+ Tell me more about your kitchen.
The Micro Mercantes kitchen 24/7 access kitchen is an affordable licensed non-profit commissary in Portland, Oregon that welcomes entrepreneurs in the beginning stages of their food business or who are looking to expand their small scale business. The current businesses that rent our licensed kitchen vary greatly - from Kenyan catered meals to real NY style bagels selling at cafes to tamales at the local farmers markets
+ How much does it cost?
We are the only kitchen in Portland that applies rent based on your income. We have prices that vary based on the time of night or number of hours you rent. Fill out our inquiry to find out what you qualify for!
+ Where is it located?
In our sister project, the Portland Mercado - a vibrant Latin American market right here in Portland. The address is 7238 SE Foster Road.
+ Where does the profit go?
The rent you pay goes directly into the operating costs of the kitchen. Any profit above that goes right back to this kitchen to keep providing an excellent facility for our community!
+ What Equipment is in the kitchen?
We have a brand new, licensed kitchen with lots of amenities. Contact us for the latest info or specific questions.
Here is a list of some of the amenities:
- A modern, clean look with skylights, bright turquoise walls, concrete floors, pendant lights & wood truss ceiling.
- Utilities, including compost
- Cleaning supplies and towel & mop head service
- Secure and safe exit and entry with access card system.
- Equipment, including:
- 10x20 walk-in cooler
- Reach-in freezer, 2 sections
- Reach-in refrigerator, 2 sections
- Filtered ice maker
- Secure dry storage units (first come, first serve)
- Convection Oven, Southbend
- Range, 60", 5 burners, 24" griddle
- Range, 8 burners
- Kettle/pot filler faucet
- Tilting skillet, electric, with floor trough (google this, an awesome tool!)
- Boilerless convection steamer
- Large exhaust hood, automatic and variable speed
- Mixer, Planetary 30 qt floor model
- 1 mixers, planetary (table, 8 qrt)
- 2 heavy duty food processors
- Pan racks and pans for cold storage and transport
- Large pots and pans
- Large cutting boards
- Large immersion blender
- 2 Vitamix mixers
- Tortilla Press
- Rice cooker
- Multiple hand sinks and prep sinks
- Soak sink for large pots
- Rinse sink
- High Temperature Sanitizer Dishwasher with drying space
- Under table and wall shelving
- 9 large work/prep tables, stainless steel
- Cord ceiling plugs with low and high wattage
- Cleaning supplies and towel service
- 20 stools for cooking classes
+ When is the kitchen open?
The kitchen is open every day of the week, 24 hours a day, including holidays. We want to make it easier for you to get started, and a flexible schedule helps as you balance work, business and family commitments.
+ How do I apply or contact the kitchen?
Please Inquire with us or see our Application Process here.