Taste of latinOamérica 2018 - Vendor application
Join us for fourth annual Taste of Latinamérica, a food and cultural festival in the heart of Southeast Portland!
Last year we welcomed over 20 vendors and 5,000 guests creating an estimated economic impact of over $35,000, while supporting the launch of three new food businesses.
Taste of Latinamérica 2018 will deliver a unique-to-the-region Latin American culinary and cultural experience, while creating economic development opportunities for latino entrepreneurs.
We plan to welcome around 20 food vendors representing different countries and regions of Latin America -- Mexico, Central America, Caribbean Islands and South America. To compliment the diversity of foods and beverages, there will be a wide variety of high quality Latin American entertainment including live music, dancing, kid friendly activities and art.
Spaces are limited. Please submit your application as a food or service/retail. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis and preference will be given to businesses that represent the diversity of Latin American cuisine and culture, or who have been in the Portland Mercado Empresarios program, or prior vendors at our events.
The event is free to guests. Completed online applications, along with payment will be reviewed in a timely manner and applicants will be notified and contacted with approval within 1 week. The Portland Mercado will refund 100% of vendor fees if your application is not approved. Vendors must use only biodegradable service ware -- NO STYROFOAM and NO PLASTIC. You must provide your own 10' x 10' canopy.
Service or Retail no electricity; $100
Service or Retail with electricity; $150
If you rent the Portland Mercado Cocina you will have access to cold storage and waste water disposal
Please note that in order to be approved vendors must have:
- A business name
- Marketing materials (clear sign and menu with prices)
- Not more than 5 products per food business.
- Provide their own service ware, chairs and canopies
- Have proper licensing (https://multco.us/services/temporary-food-events)
- Proof of insurance (see requirements here)
- A Health Department approved kitchen (if applicable)
- Hand washing station and comply with all other health department regulations
- A propane permit (if applicable) https://www.portlandoregon.gov/fire/76752
- Attend the Mandatory Hot Food Vendor Orientation on August 27th at 4:30pm (see notes below).
Please pay online at the bottom of this page, or bring your check to: Portland Mercado - 7238 SE Foster Road Portland, Oregon 97206. Office hours are Monday - Friday 10am-5pm.
Cancellations made a week ahead of the event will be fully refunded. Cancellations made less than a week before the event will not receive a refund.